Please contact your account representative to enable this feature.
- Log into the google account associated with the website you want to integrate with Critical Impact.
- Navigate to https://console.developers.google.com
- In the drop down in the upper left corner, click Create project. This project will be for integrating your Google account with Critical Impact for Analytics reporting. Name the project whatever you'd like and click Create.
- Click Library on the left side menu.
- Click Analytics Reporting API (or search for it and then click it).
- Click > Enable at the top if it is not already enabled.
- Click Credentials on the left side menu.
- Click Create Credentials and then Service account.
- Under the service account drop down, select New service account.
- Enter any account name you'd like. For Role, select Project -> Viewer.
- Click Create.
- Edit the Service account you just created.
- Click Create Key.
- Click For Key type, select JSON.
- Click Create. A .json file with your key will be downloaded to your computer. The pop up dialog may be dismissed.
- Copy the email address that was just generated for your service account (under the Service account ID column) and paste it somewhere for future reference.
- Navigate to https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web
- Choose the Account, Property/App, and View you want to get analytics for from the upper left drop down menu. Make note of the View ID which should be underneath the name of the view you selected. The view ID can also be found here under View: https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/account-explorer/
- Click Admin on the left side menu.
- Under the site's View column, click View User Management.
- Click the plus icon to add a new user. Paste the email address retrieved in step 14 into the box. Under Permissions select Read & Analyze for the permissions. Click Add.
- In Critical Impact, go to Account -> Account Preferences.
- Click Google Analytics Settings.
- In the pop up, paste the view ID from step 16 and the contents of the .json file from step 12 in the corresponding text boxes. Click Save.
- To automatically add an encrypted subscriber id to your Google Analytics links, click Edit Company Settings on the Account Preferences page.
- Change the value of Default UTM Content to: %%l_encryptemailid%%. After saving your changes, you will need to log out and back in again for the changes to go into effect.
- You can also change the values of Default UTM Source and Default UTM Medium to whatever values you like. These will be the auto-fill values for screens that have the GA Tracking options, such as the send screen. If you've made any changes to your company settings, you will need to log out and back in again for the changes to go into effect.
- You can view a report of Google Analytics data for any sends that have Google Analytics Link Tracking enabled by going to Reports -> Email Tracking.
- Select the send that has Google Analytics Link Tracking enabled and click View Tracking Report.
- If the integration is set up properly, the Google Analytics data will be displayed under the Google Analytics tab.
Do I have to enable Google Analytics Link Tracking for every send?
Yes, when you schedule a send from the account, you will need to enable Google Analytics Link tracking, so that you will see all the correct GA reporting for that specific send.