You can give your subscribers a chance to reconfirm their subscription by sending them a message with a reconfirmation link. When the user clicks the reconfirmation link, they will be added to a specific list. Offering subscribers a chance to reconfirm their subscription is a good way to get rid of subscribers who are unlikely to be responsive to anything you send to them.
How to Reconfirm Subscription
First, create a reconfirmation link using the Reconfirm Subscriptions tool mentioned below. Then insert it into a message and send it to subscribers. Subscribers who click the reconfirmation link will be added to a list of your choosing. This will not take subscribers off of a list if they do not click the link: it only adds them to a new list. Follow the steps below to create and send a reconfirmation message.
Create a Reconfirm Opt-in Link
- Create a new empty list to add these reconfirmed subscribers to, with a helpful name such as "Reconfirmed Subscribers."
- This empty list will help you keep track of who clicks the reconfirmation link to keep receiving your messages.
- Do NOT import any subscribers onto the list, it's purpose is to store those subscribers who click the reconfirmation link
- Open the Tools folder in the left menu
- Click Reconfirm Subscriptions (listed as an option to the right)
- Click Create
- Type in the text you would like to place the reconfirmation link around in the Link Text box
- Example: "Yes, I confirm"
- Select the list(s) you would like to add the subscribers to after they click the reconfirm subscription link (mentioned in Step 1)
- The idea behind the reconfirmation link is that you'll need to select your "reconfirmed" list - which would start off as 0 subscribers. Once they click the reconfirmation link, they are added to your "reconfirmed" list.
- Under Redirection Options, click the button Edit Re-optin Thank-you Page to customize the landing page seen by those who click the link
- Or select Redirects to URL and enter in a URL if you would like to link to a different thank you page instead
- Click Save
Send a Reconfirmation Message to Your Subscribers
- Create a new message for the reconfirmation campaign
- Select an image or some text that you want to link to the reconfirmation page
- Insert a link around an image and/or text:
- Click the Insert Variable icon in the toolbar
- Scroll to the bottom and select one of the Reconfirmation links in the section called Click on reconfirm subscription to insert
- If you're inserting the full text and surrounding reconfirmation link:
- Click on the word created above to insert that word surrounded by the link (Ex: "Reconfirm your subscription")
- If you're inserting the link around text/image:
- Click on the word created above followed by "Link" to insert the link only (Ex: "Reconfirm your subscription Link")
- Click on the word created above followed by "Link, no http://" to insert the link without the http:// (Ex: "Reconfirm your subscription Link, no http://")
- Copy/cut the inserted reconfirmation link that you just inserted into the message
- Then highlight the text or image
- Click on the Link icon
- In the insert link dialogue box, paste the Re-optin link.
- Click OK
- You may also want to consider adding a link alias to keep track of the reconfirmation link in reporting
- Then send this message to your subscribers