The double opt-in process is an additional step to get a prior consent from a new subscriber by verifying his/her email address.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Click Tools
- Click Site Visitor Signup Box
- Check the Double Opt-in Enabled checkbox near the bottom
- Click to Save Form
- Customize email message/landing page templates. The first time you create a double-opt in form in your account, you must at least click "Edit" to create and save the default message/landing page templates in your account.
- Request Message: a template of email to prompt a recipient to verify the email address
- Confirmed Message: a template of email to inform a subscriber that the email address was verified
- Request Landing Page: a Web page a recipient is redirected to after signing up
- Confirmation Landing Page: a Web page a recipient is redirected to after the email has been verified
- Already on List Landing Page: a Web page a recipient is redirected to when they were already on a list
- Existing Subscriber Landing Page: a Web page a recipient is redirected to when they were already subscribed
- Click the Save Form and Generate HTML button
- We provide a link to a static version of the signup form, as well as the HTML code that you can copy and paste to use on your own site.