After importing a list into your account, a report is sent to provide a breakdown of what work has been completed.
The report will always be sent to the email associated with the user who ran the report.
In the Data Import Report, there are a few entries that provide information:
- List name: The name under which the list has been saved
- Total Processed: The total entries imported into the list (processed) and ignored (skipped)
- Total number of new emails that are duplicated in import file: The total number of entries that were skipped due to repeated emails (Note: this totals all duplicated email entries, not the number of unique subscribers that were repeated)
- Time to import: Time to complete this import
- Active subscribers to list: [List Name]: The total number of subscribers that have been imported
Note: this count includes both subscribers that were already on the list and new subscribers
- Unsubscribed to list: [List Name]: The total number of subscribers that were imported into this list that are already listed as unsubscribed in the account. For example, if a subscriber is already unsubscribed and is imported with a new list, they will remain unsubscribed.
The last lines of the email show the rows of the imported list that resulted in errors. These entries were not imported into the account. The information from these rows are then downloaded into an attached .csv file to show the exact information that was skipped in the import.
NOTE: Any subscriber who has been previously unsubscribed from the account will remain globally unsubscribed after you run the import. This helps honor unsubscribes to protect your sender reputation.