Critical Impact will stop processing Universal Analytics properties on June 30th, 3pm EST. We strongly encourage you to make the switch to Google Analytics 4 as soon as possible.
In order to migrate from Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4, there are a few steps you need to take that includes changes in your Google Analytics account as well as in your Critical Impact account.
Changes in your Google Analytics Account
- Please make sure your website Google Analytics tracking code/tag is updated to support the new GA4 properties.
- When migrating from Universal Analytics to GA4, you have the option of migrating all your existing metrics e.g. goals. This is entirely up to you on how you want to set up your new Google Analytics tracking. If you do not want to keep anything from your Universal Analytics properties, you can start clean with a brand new GA4 property.
- Any data that you have from your Universal Analytics property within Google Analytics will not automatically be migrated over to your new GA4 property. You have the option to export your Universal Analytics data and then you can import that data into your GA4 property within your Google Analytics account.
Changes in your Critical Impact Account
To connect your new GA4 property, you will have to make a few changes to your Critical Impact integration settings:
- In Account -> Account Preferences -> Advanced Options -> Google Analytics Settings you will have to replace your existing View ID with your new GA4 Property ID.
- In Account -> Account Preferences -> Advanced Options -> Google Analytics Settings you will have to replace your existing Keyfile JSON with your new Keyfile JSON after migrating to GA4.
- Critical Impact will not support both Universal Analytics and GA4. Critical Impact will stop supporting Universal Analytics on June 30th, 3:00pm EST. After that time, no new Universal Analytics data will be saved, only new GA4 data will be saved.
- Critical Impact will begin to support the GA4 integration on June 30th, 3:00pm EST.
- Critical Impact will continue to store and maintain your old Universal Analytics data within Critical Impact past July 1, 2023 so that you can still use this data for dynamic list rule criteria.
To learn more about sunsetting Universal Analytics, please visit the following article:
To learn more about setting up a new GA4 account/integration, please visit the following article:
Helpful Google Analytics articles:
- [UA→GA4] How to check whether you have Universal Analytics or Google Analytics 4 (GA4)
- [UA→GA4] Goals migration tool
- [UA→GA4] Recreate Universal Analytics audiences
- [UA→GA4] Possible reasons for conversion differences in GA4 vs. UA
- [GA4] Common reporting solutions in Google Analytics 4
- [UA→GA4] Comparing metrics: Google Analytics 4 vs. Universal Analytics