The Critical Impact for WordPress Plugin enables you to easily embed your existing Critical Impact signup forms into your WordPress page. If you need to create a Critical Impact signup form, please follow the steps in the Sign Up Form article.
To add the Critical Impact for WordPress Plugin to your website, please follow these instructions:
- Contact the Critical Impact Support Team to receive the Critical Impact for WordPress Plugin zip file.
- Unzip the contents of the zip file.
- Upload the plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory.
- In your WordPress admin account, go to the Plugins page and find the Critical Impact for WordPress plugin in the list.
- Click Activate to enable the plugin.
- After activating, click Critical Impact Options on the left side menu.
- Paste your Critical Impact API Key into the API Key text box.
- For this next step, you will need a Critical Impact API Key. To create or view your API Key, go to Tools->API Keys in your Critical Impact Account.
- Click Save Settings
- If everything was successful, you should now see a list of your signup forms on this admin page.
- Copy the shortcode (ex: [ciform fid="12345"]) for the signup form you want to add to your WordPress.
- Paste the shortcode into whatever post/page you'd like to have the signup form.
- Clicking the Edit button next to any of the signup forms will take you to the Critical Impact edit page for that signup form in a new tab. Note: You will need to be logged into Critical Impact.
- To refresh the signup forms list, click Refresh.
- To create a new signup form, click Create New. A new tab will open with the create new signup form page. (Note: You will need to be logged into Critical Impact.)