A link alias can be added to a link to help keep track of specific link clicks in the reports. Link aliases can help you quickly understand what links were clicked in reports. Instead of trying to sort out the information by a long, hard to read URL, the link alias can be added to see a helpful name, such as "HeaderLogo." Link aliases can also be helpful when single URLs are used multiple times in the message.
Add a Link Alias to Links in a Message
- Highlight the text or image you want to link
- Click the link icon
- In the Link Dialogue box, you'll see a field called Link Alias
- Type in a short description, such as "HeaderLogo"
- Click OK
- Now in the links clicked report, you'll see a column for Link Alias
Add Link Alias to Links in a Send
You can update the link alias after a message has sent out as well by following these steps.
- Open Reports in the left menu
- Click Email Tracking
- Select the message by clicking once
- Click Advanced Options in the button toolbar and select Modify Links
- Select the link you would like to change
- Click Change Destination Link
- Type in the new link alias and click Update
Please sign in to leave a comment.