How to Create a Plain Text Version of an Email
Creating a text-only version of an email message is helpful for those subscribers use mobile email clients or for those subscribers that prefer receiving text-based emails vs.HTML-based emails. Sending both an HTML version AND a text-only version is considered an industry best practice. Email messages which include both an HTML and a text-only version are treated more favorably by the spam filtering systems.
Our system automatically generates a plain-text version of the email by default. You can edit the text at any time.
- Edit an email from the Message Folder.
- From the editor view, click the Text Email tab.
- Click Create Plain Text from HTML.
- A plain text version of your email has been created and can be modified.
- When complete, click Save.
To edit the text-only version of a drag and drop message:
- Highlight a message in the Message Folder by clicking it once.
- Click Edit Plain.
- Make your changes to the plain text and save your changes.
Note: The existing message must contain HTML content in order for the "Create Plain Text from HTML" feature to work.
Note: Once the plain text version is customized, it will stop automatically updating when the HTML version of the message is updating. So if the HTML content is modified, you will need to modify the plain text version as well.
Please sign in to leave a comment.