What's Preview Text?
Preview text is the short text typically displayed underneath the from name and subject line in the inbox. This text is automatically extracted from the message body.
Send a Message with Custom Preview Text
1. Create a Header
- Go to Tools -> Edit Footers
- Click the Add Header/Footer button on the toolbar on the right or edit an existing footer
- Open the View as a webpage header tab in the popup window
- Add the following code to the very beginning of the View as webpage header HTML:
2. Send a Message
- Click the Messages folder in the left-side menu
- Click the Send Message
- Click the message you want to send from the list shown on the right
- Click the Send Message button
- Click and expand the Advanced Options near the bottom
- Click the header you created from the Footer drop-down list
- Fill in the Preview Text text box with any preview text you like
- Finish up the rest as usual
Note: The amount of characters shown in the inbox's preview pane will vary based on browser width and email client. Typically it's recommended that you make the preview text around 40-90 characters.