In order to insert a YouTube video into a message, please follow these steps:
- From the HTML Message Editor screen, click the location within your email message where you would like to insert the video
- Click the Insert Video icon:
- Open a new tab in your browser and open the YouTube video you would like to insert into the message
- Copy the URL from the top of the browser tab where the video is located (do not use the "Share" URL)
- Go back to your Critical Impact account, and paste the URL into the Insert Video pop up box
- Click Next
- Select the image size you'd like to insert into the message, then click Preview
- Click on the generated image to insert the video into your message
Insert Video into Drag and Drop Message
- From the drag and drop editor, drag a "Video" content block into the message
- Paste the YouTube or Vimeo video URL into the Video URL text box
- Once you past in the video URL, it will automatically generate a preview image and a play icon is placed on top. Change the style of the play icon by changing the play icon type, color, and size.
How It Works
The Insert Video tool will generate a screenshot of the video with a play icon over top of the image. This image will then be inserted into the message and linked to where the video is located on the web. When a subscriber receives the message, they can click on the "play" button, which will open the video in their web browser.
This technique is better supported by email platforms than embedding the full video in the email, and playing it from the inbox itself.
What if my video is not located on YouTube?
You'll need to have your video hosted somewhere on the web, where it can be easily linked to. You can manually take a screenshot of your video with a play icon over top of the image. Then insert this image into your message, and link it to the video.