Send a Throttled Email Campaign
Critical Impact's drip campaign tool enables you to select how many emails are sent per hour. This tool is meant for small sends, but if you need to throttle larger mailings, please contact your account administrator to discuss your available options.
- Click the Messages folder in the left-side menu
- Click the Message Folder
- Click the message you want to send from the list shown on the right
- Click the Send Message button
- Select the desired send options
- Click Next
- Check the box next to Enable Drip Campaign
If you don't see this option, it means that drip campaigns aren't currently enabled in your account, and you'll need to contact your account administrator.
- Select how many emails to send per hour (the maximum is 50,000 per hour)
- You also have the option to send the mailing during only specific hours of the day or specific days of the week, such as 9am-5pm from Monday-Friday
- Click to calculate how many days the mailing will take to complete, based on your selections
- Once you have all the selections made, check the box to confirm your selections are correct
- Click Send Email
Note: To view the status of a drip campaign after it is created, please view the Drip Campaign Status report. You also can only cancel a drip campaign send in the "Drip Campaign Status" Window, so make sure to visit that window for anything related to your drip campaign sends.