Get a New From Short Code
Short codes are phone numbers that can send and receive text messages. If your account does not have an SMS From Short Code yet, you must get an SMS From Short Code before creating a new SMS list.
To get a new From Short Code, please contact your support representative. The SMS From Short Code will be a 10 digit number, also known as 10DLC. Please provide the beginning 3 digit US area code that you would like to use for the SMS From Short Code.
Each Short Code will add an additional monthly charge to your account, so please select them carefully.
Edit From Short Code Responses
Each short code will have automated responses for various subscriber interactions. Due to carrier regulations you MUST include an auto-reply to Keyword Opt-ins, which includes Opt-Out information. For your convenience, we automatically append compliant opt-out instructions to your auto-reply.
It is also recommended that these opt-out messages include your brand name. To customize these responses:
- Double click on the Short Code you just created
- Enter a note for your internal reference, describing the purpose of the short code
- Edit the automated response text. Each message will have a small amount of text appended to the end of the message so that they adhere to industry standards. In this window you can see that all Help Responses will end with "Txt STOP to cancel. Msg&data rates may apply."
- Please replace "our website" with the URL to your website and include your brand name in these responses:
- Note: the response to an "Unknown Message" will be sent after someone texts a message to this number, but the message contains no recognized keywords.
SMS From Number Options
There are two columns in the SMS From Number grid called "Status" and "Response Tracking." You'll want to turn these options on or off depending on your needs.
The status, Active or Inactive, indicates whether the SMS Number can currently send and receive messages. Select the SMS From number and click Toggle Status if you would like to change the current status.
Response Tracking will track the messages sent and received by this SMS From Number when turned on.