Your team may have many people you want to have access to the account, however, you don't want them to have access to everything in the account. To help make this possible, you have the ability to create custom Security Groups. Creating a custom Security Group is helpful when you want to be able to set your own custom permissions for a user or group of users.
For example, you could create a security group for your interns who only need access to edit messages. It could also be helpful to create a security group for people who only need to view reports and not be able to schedule messages to send.
To Create a Security Group:
- Click on the Account folder
- Click on Create/Edit Security Group
- Click Add Security Group to add a new permission group
- Give the Security Group a Name and Description to label what group or permissions this Security Group will grant
- Each folder can be expanded to see the screens within that section
- Most folders correspond with the folders you see in the left hand menu.
- "Utilities" will show the Tools menu items
- The folder for Account Permissions can be used to give granular access. For example, you can have a user who can only view messages, and not edit them.
- Check the box next the permissions these users will have access to in the account. Note: if you check the box next to a folder, it'll give access to all screens and tools within that folder.
- Click Save and Close
- Once this Security Group is saved, you can enable it for user(s) in your account by following the steps in this article: Edit User Permissions
Note: You need Administrator permissions in the account in order to create custom security groups. If you don't see this tool and need to, please reach out to your account administrator.